Non-contact inline length measurement of tread strips
For tire production, tread strips are cut from the extruded strip material. The system TLS 8303.I is applied in the extrusion line to measure the length of the strips immediately after the cutting machine in order to ensure a secure production process in high quality.
- Optimising the material use and quality
- Geometrically independent comparison of cutting edges
- Easy integration to already existing lines
- Customer-specific adjustable interface
- Strips lengths from 1,500mm to 2,500mm
- Feed rate to 2m/s
At the optical testing desk TLS 8303.I, rubber strips for tire production are inspected for their profile and length characteristics. Two cameras record the cutting edges of the strips. Deviations from the nominal cutting edge are detected by an intelligent composition proceedings. The cutting edges are compared to each other in order to evaluate the strip lengths. Therefore, the pictures are revalued using a stabiliser filter and different algorithms.
- Resolution 0.125mm
- Cycle time: 3 strips per second
- Strip length offset ±50mm
back to product group "Mät- och inspektionssystem för gummi & däck"